I am the designer, builder, proprietor and main contributor of this site.
- Reading. Writing. Words. Cycling. Hiking. Swimming. Camping. Philosophy. Politics. Programming. Movies. Technology
I have over 25 years of experience as a professional software developer, systems architect and technical project manager. I’m interested in high-quality solutions to tough problems. I co-founded Encodo Systems AG almost 15 years ago.
My focus has always been on generalization and DRY using metadata and common libraries. I’ve written four frameworks over the years, in
- Quino (C#/.NET, 2007–present)
- WebCore (PHP, 2000–present)
- Test Engine (C++/MFC, 1995–2001)
- Atlas2 (Delphi Pascal, 2002-2005)
This site runs on WebCore and Quino is the engine behind many Encodo products.
The following are links to old favorites, some of which are dead and others that are no longer interesting to me.