A yummy side dish for jerked meat. I used canned pineapple as dissecting a fresh pineapple is a little too dangerous for my citrus allergy. I didn’t have any rum on hand so I just substituted a little pineapple juice instead.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup rum
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Core pineapple and cut into 8 slices.
- Place in a shallow non-reactive dish or resealable plastic bag with rum, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Cook pineapple 15 minutes, turning once, until outside is dry and char marked.
- Serve with reserved marinade.