Cream of Broccoli Soup (Lower-fat)
From the kitchen of Nutrition & Healthy Recipes : 24 Hour Recipes : Soups & Stews.
- 1 large stalk broccoli, flowerets separated and stems cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- Add chicken broth, broccoli, carrot, salt and pepper and heat to boiling in large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 6-8 minutes until broccoli is fork-tender.
- Mix flour and water in small bowl with whisk or fork until flour is dissolved; gradually add to broccoli mixture, stirring constantly.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in evaporated skim milk and continue stirring until thick, but don’t let boil.