From the kitchen of Jan Gordon.
Serve with plenty of good bread and the rest of the wine.
- 1 or 2 sliced onions
- rich red wine
- several cloves garlic
- 28 ounce can of recipe cut or stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or a bunch of fresh
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- lots of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 zuchinnis
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- 1 can beans (any kind)
- chopped spinach or cabbage (optional)
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup red wine (or broth)
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- some frozen peas and/or corn
- Saute one or two sliced onions in rich red wine.
- Add several cloves garlic, minced.
- Pour in 28 ounce can of recipe cut or stewed tomatoes.
- Add basil, orgeano, marjoram, and pepper.
- Add zuchinni and carrots.
- Add potato.
- If you like greens, add some chopped spinach or cabbage.
- Toss in a can of beans, any kind, or use home cooked if you have them.
- A few sliced mushrooms can’t hurt.
- Add red wine or broth.
- Add water as needed.
- When it is nearly done, add a couple cups cooked pasta and some frozen peas and/or corn.