White Chicken Chili
From the kitchen of Grouprecipes.com.
A cheesy white chicken chili, loaded with flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or crushed red pepper, depending on taste
- 3 16-ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- sour cream
- Heat oil in large heavy pot to medium-high.
- Add onions & saute until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, chiles, chicken, cumin, oregano and hot pepper. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours or more.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheese.
- Stir until thick and melted.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with remaining cheese and sour cream.