Modern nature documentaries
Published by marco on
I was recently sent this link, presumably because I enjoy short nature documentaries.
- Do larvae really get bigger the older they get? Isn’t a larva a limited stage of development? How is it that some are so much larger than others? Isn’t it more likely to be related to food intake rather than age?
- People are weird. If Bear were to eat fluffy baby animals (say chicks) rather than slimy ones (larvae in this case), he would be drummed off the air.
- Bear Grylls: Allergic to Bees is a related video. The poster on the video shows a face that looks like the elephant man. Oh, YouTube, you temptress.
- YouTube comments have not gotten any better. Some genius named “lury Sette” wrote that “[h]e should be on Wreakless Eating”. I can only just barely understand what that means.
- What kind of a name is Bear Grylls? Did he try other spellings first? Like “Bare Grills”? Would anyone on YouTube have noticed the misspelling?
 I honestly don’t know the answer here, proposing instead a hypothesis alternative to that of Mr. Grylls.↩